Forgive me father for I have sinned.
It has been
3 weeks, 1 month– 2 months? Since my last confession…
Writing this post, my fingers are pissed off and my brain is sputtering. I have been uninspired and too “busy” to sit down and write lately. I could use the usual justifications to make myself feel less guilty like: I had two surgeries, I’m too busy, too tired, too apathetic, too whatever–but really, I have just been lazy. There, I said it. Now lets forgive each other and move. Thank you.
As you are already aware, it is year 2012; the year of the dragon as determined by the Chinese calendar, meaning: it is going to be one heck of year, especially if you were born under this sign. Dragon years are predicted as being lucky, risky, and over-the-top. With that said, this year I am going to take a risk, and instead of making promises to myself that I will unlikely keep, I am going to make a list of what I am not going to do this year: Anti-resolutions.
Now, I have never been big on making New Years resolutions in the first place. If I have a goal or a new bar I want to set, I just go out and do it. I guess I have never had a need to compile a list of New Years resolutions. However, this year is going to be different. Looking back at 2011 and 2010, I can now see some patterns forming. So rather than come up with new promises that I know I’m not going to follow through on, I will focus on not repeating the same mistakes twice, or thrice.
Here are a few of my 2012 Anti-resolutions:
1. I will not let others bad energy determine mine.
2. I will no longer switch over to white wine after drinking red all night. It never works out.
3. I will no longer make an effort to give sincere advice and empathy to people who still refuse to take it, or actually listen.
4. I will not eat waffles with peanut butter for dinner three times a week. Only two.
5. I will not practice patience. Impatient people get things done, damn it!
6. I will not keep trying to read and eat at the same time…still is impossible.
7. I will not stop photographing depressing things. It is my camera and I’ll do what I want, if you don’t like it, don’t look at it.
8. I will not stop listening to K-pop. In fact, I plan on developing an unhealthy obsession.
9. I will not stop judging people who wear flip-flops with jeans, even though I am one of those people now and understand it.
10. I will never stop believing that I am awesome, I am a dragon after all–so this should be my year!
… also I will never stop believing that unicorns do exist.